WHAT TO EXPECT
We know that taxes can be challenging and stressful. We strive to take the anxiety and confusion out of tax preparation. All initial consultations are free as we assess your unique tax situation and financial goals for you or your business. We can do this over the phone or in person. When you arrive at our neighborhood office, you will be treated like the valuable customer that you are. A comfortable, kid-friendly office awaits you.
Before your tax interview, organize your important documents using the checklist below. Documentation will vary based on your situation. We will help find the deductions and credits they may apply to you.
Our office is open year-round so don’t wait, beat the rush and call us now. Let Collins Income Tax Solution, LLC. work for you. 850-391-7659
WHAT TO BRING
PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR EVERYONE INCLUDED ON YOUR RETURN:
• Name, Date of Birth, SSN OR ITIN/ATIN
• Childcare records including provider’s address and EIN or SSN
• Valid Driver's License, Passport or State ID
• Amount of alimony paid and ex-spouse’s SSN
INCOME/INVESTMENTS/RETIREMENT AND TAX INFORMATION:
• All forms that say W-2, 1098, 1099 or Schedule K-1
• Purchase date and total investment in any stocks or property you sold
• Sale of a Personal Residence
• Rental Income and Expenses
• Sale of any Business Assets
• Records of contributions made to any IRA, 401(k) or other retirement plans, and 529 plans, or education savings accounts
• Records of business income and expenses if you’re an independent contractor, are self-employed, or own rental real estate.
• Child Care Provider/Address and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
• Adoption Expenses
• Retirement Savings Contributions Credit
• Medical Expenses
• Mortgage interest, Real Estate or Personal Property Taxes
• Charitable Contributions (cash and non-cash)
• Employee Business Expenses
• Gambling Losses
• Moving Expenses
• Traditional IRA Contributions
• Prior year’s amount of state/local income tax paid
• Record of Tuition and Higher Education Expenses
• Student Loan Interest
• Education Scholarships and Fellowships
• Educator Expenses
• Form 1095-A if you enrolled in a n insured plan through the Marketplace
• Marketplace exemption certificate if you applied for and received an exemption from the Marketplace
• Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C if you have insurance through a private plan or employer plan
• HAS information (Forms 5498, 1099-SA) and receipts for medical expenses
Whether you may owe or are expecting a refund, we will inform you of your next steps. Safeguard the copy of your tax return we provide to you, along with your other important paperwork, in case you need to file an amendment or reference it in the future. Other paperwork, such as documentation regarding the sale of your home or stock transactions, should also be kept.
We are here for you – before, during, and after you have completed your taxes with us. Collins Income Tax Solutions will stand behind and guide you through your audit case, assist in amendments to your return, and answer all questions concerning changing or existing government laws and regulations.
Keep in mind that the sooner you file, the sooner you will receive your refund. For the status of your refund, check out the “Where’s My Refund” tool on the IRS website. This tool will give you the most up-to-date refund information and is updated every 24 hours. You may access this tool 24 hours after the IRS accepts your e-filed return or 4 weeks after mailing a paper return.